Who doesn't want naturally radiant skin? Proper diet paired with drinking ample amounts of water are crucial to achieving that age defying look. Here's a simple green juice recipe that will increase your intake of beta-carotene-rich carrots, tart green apple and hydrating coconut water.
- 1/2 granny smith apple
- 1 cup carrots, diced (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 handful of dark leafy greens (I always go for kale and for a boost add fresh parsley)
- 8-12 oz. coconut water
- 1/2 tsp. spirulina (blue algae powder)
- Rinse and wash all ingredients - organic if possible
- Place everything in your juicer or Nutribullet and mix.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
How it Helps:
Carrots have a crazy amount of Vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene, which is a strong antioxidant known for stopping cell degeneration... which translates into, carrots help slow aging. Vitamin A is also great for maintaining healthy tissue growth. Carrots and Green Apples are both high in Vitamin C, aids in the production of collagen, and is essential for skin elasticity (wrinkle fighter)!