I've been a fan of the Avocado + Toast love affair for a few years now. Instead of teaching you all how to mash an avocado in a bowl and sprinkle it with salt, we've decided to kick it up a notch!
This Thai inspired avocado toast takes inspiration from Thai peanut sauce. It marries sweet, salty and tangy with creamy, smooth peanut butter. Each bite is a mini journey of discovery, first you get hit with the spice from Sriracha, then the cool tang of the lime/avocado and finally a brilliant finish with a subtle flair of sweetness from the peanut butter. I know exactly what you're thinking.... "This is crazy!" CRAZY GOOD!
Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comment section below:
- 4 slices of whole grain toast
- 1 perfectly ripened avocado
- 4 eggs (poached or sunny side up)
- 2 tbs. crunchy, natural peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
1. Toast your bread to perfection.
2. Mash up avocado in a bowl, add lime juice and a pinch of salt.
3. Prepare your egg, I personally think you need the creamy yolk so I fully recommend sunny side up or poached. (Trust me on this)
4. Build your open faced toast. Spread a thin layer of PB on the bread, then top with mashed avocado, fried egg and a drizzle of Sriracha. Enjoy and Happy Eating!
Prep Tip: Ever wonder how to preserve half of an avocado? Here's how: Cut an avocado in half, use the half without the pit. Then take the other half (with the pit) and rub lime juice on the green exposed part.Wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate. This will buy you at least one to two days!