I know that Voeden Life specializes in healthy dinner recipes but today we're talking about breakfast. There are tons of studies saying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I can totally get behind that as a health professional, but breakfast is also the most inconvenient meal to make (you seriously want me to roll out of bed 15 min. earlier?)
A few years back, when Michigan was going through that insane sweat storm of a summer, I came up with the idea to turn my favorite protein shakes and green juices into paletas and eat them for breakfast. The best part is that you can turn any green juice, any protein packed smoothie into a frozen, portable treat that you can just grab as you run out of the door.
So as I troll the market for fresh spring produce, i was inspired to get and early jump on some fun summery treats that are half indulgent and 100% healthy. Grand Rapids has been in the upper 70s the past few days, so I'm just assuming Spring is over and we've entered full blown summer, thus making icy treats totally acceptable!
Strawberry Pineapple Power-Pops:
- 10 ripe strawberries, stems removed
- 1 1/2 c. fresh pineapple cubes
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (ALOHA, Vanilla is great!)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 almond milk
- 1/3 cup of granola
- Chop up strawberries and pineapple into nice little cubes.
- Combine almond milk, fruit and protein powder into a blender and puree.
- Pour smoothie mixture into popsicle mold, add a little spoonful of greek yogurt and sprinkle with fresh granola.
- Place wooden sticks into the mold and chill for 2-4 hours.
These are super customizable, add chia, spirulina, or instead of using greek yogurt and milk try substituting for full fat coconut milk!