The final few weeks of summer are quickly closing in, "how-to" articles about canning will soon flood your favorite blogs and your Facebook feed will be filled with mason jars, packed tightly, stuffed with jams, tomato sauces and krauts.
But if you're like me, you don't have the time! Don't fret, there is a quick and simple solution that preserves your favorite summer berries without consuming your weekend.
Just freeze it, here's how, these 5 easy steps will have you enjoying the taste of summer year around.
1. Wash your berries, removing any stems or debris and then let them air dry.
2. Spread the berries on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
3. Place the berries in the freeze fro 2-4 hours.
4. Remove the berries from the freezer and transfer them to a food safe storage container for future use. Place back into the freezer until ready to use.
5. To defrost, remove berries from the freezer and place into a bowl (this will catch all of the juices), then allow 1-2 hours for them to thaw. Enjoy these in jams, muffins, smoothies, or your favorite breakfast bowl!