For those of us who can't seem to let go of summer, this one is for you! We took the last few, deliciously ripened nectarines from the market this morning and transformed them into a salad that will have you singing "Hold on for one more day...."
Tina Tip: Use fresh herbs, they will revolutionize how you think of salad. In this salad we combine kale and arugula with fresh basil leaves for an herbaceous explosion of flavor in your mouth. Paired with the sweetness of nectarines and the tangy zing of balsamic vinegar, this salad will not disappoint.
- c. kale
- 1 c. arugula
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 1 nectarine
- 1/4 c. crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- sliced almonds (optional)
- 1/4 c. quinoa, cooked
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 T. Balsamic vinegar
- Roughly chop kale, arugula and basil then mix together in a large bowl with the cooked quinoa.
- Dice nectarine into 1/4" cubes.
- Assemble salad, add greens to individual serving bowls. Top with diced nectarines, crumbled goat cheese, sliced almonds, and drizzle balsamic vinegar over top. We suggest using a high quality vinegar for this recipe since you're using it without diluting with oils or herbs.
If you find yourself listening to Wilson Phillips while eating this salad and crying into your bowl... you're not alone. Summer, we salute you! #goodbyesummer
Read about the health benefits of arugula here, or for more recipes and weekly nutrition tips and dinner inspiration, sign up to receive our weekly meal plans!