Is coffee what gets you out of bed in the morning? Do you need that cup of Jo to feel good? If yes, it might be time you confront your coffee consumption.
What if our coffee consumption could actually be contributing to our energy challenges?
Moderate coffee consumption (1-2 cups/day) does provide some awesome health benefits such as:
Improved mental performance
Improved sense of well-being, energy, and sociability
Disease prevention: caffeine keeps dopamine molecules active, preventing diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
Too much coffee and caffeine can cause your body to run amuck and your energy levels to lag.
- Low quality, restless sleep
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Adrenal fatigue
- Emotional disturbances
- Energy imbalance
One good option, is to upgrade your cup of jo (and stay within 1-2 cups per day)
- Choose shade grown, organic coffee to reduce your exposure to mold and chemicals
- Add healthy fats to your coffee to avoid that caffeine crash
Blend coconut oil into your coffee, and/or coconut milk powder!
Ready to quit the jitter juice? Here's how:
- First thing in the morning, drink warm lemon water: hydrating, cleansing, alkalizing, energizing.
- Next, Green Juice - the more juice you drink, the less outside stimulants you’ll need to feel energized.
- Reduce your intake - try to slowly cut back to 1 cup of coffee before totally quitting. Sip green tea to help you transition without nasty withdraw symptoms.
- Replace - brew up some coffee mimics like Dandy Blend or the Good Morning Glory bevy below.
- Go for herbal teas - especially in the afternoon.
Good Morning Glory!
2 T. - raw cacao
1 T. - raw honey
2 T. - hemp seeds
1 t. - vanilla extract
3 c. - warm coconut, almond, or nut milk of choice (or water)
Place ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth and enjoy!