How To Roast:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wash the sprouts, then chop off the brown/yellow stems and remove the loose, thick leaves (set the excess leave aside). Halve the sprouts lengthwise, toss them with olive oil, salt and a little pepper.
2. Place them flat side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Bake until golden, crisp and brown, about 20 min. The flat sides will caramelize beautifully and the top leaves will have the perfect amount of crunch!
Balsamic & Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Cherries
- 1-1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved, stemmed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 5 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- Lots of kale for your salad
- Place halved, trimmed oiled and seasoned Brussels sprouts face down on baking pan and roast for 20 min. until golden brown and crispy. (detailed directions above)
- Combine balsamic vinegar and honey, Remove the sprouts from oven and drizzle the balsamic/honey mixture on top, evenly coating them. Place baking pan back into oven for 10 more min.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool back to room temperature. Lower the oven temperature to 200 degrees. Taking your excess, stray leaves lightly toss with olive oil and season with chunky sea salt. We're turning these into something like kale chips as a crispy topping to the salad. Bake at 200 for 20 min, checking periodically to avoid burning.
- Assemble the salad, layer the kale, cherries, cheese and sprouts. Place the Brussels sprout chips as the finishing touch on top and enjoy. I love to just drizzle this with a basic lemon and olive oil vinaigrette.